We're so proud to release NoSQLBooster for MongoDB 7.1 today. This version includes MongoDB Node.js driver Upgrade from 4.1 to 4.4, Data types compatible with mongosh, MSSQL connection string, More font options, ReplicaSet Member Tags along with some useful improvements and bugfix.
- Node.JS Driver Upgrade From 4.1 to 4.4
- Data Types Compatible With mongosh
- More Fonts and Font Ligatures Support
- Display Tags in the Rs Member Selector
- Support MSSQL Classic Connection String
- Other Improvements
- Patch Releases
Node.JS Driver Upgrade From 4.1 to 4.4
MongoDB Node.js driver upgrade from 4.1 to 4.4 in NoSQLBooster 7.1. And, we have updated the typing definition of mongoshell methods to synchronize to the latest version of MongoDB. While upgrading to the latest MongoDB Node.js driver, we still maintain support for the old version of MongoDB server. NoSQLBooster supports MongoDB server versions 2.6 to 5.3.
Data Types Compatible With mongosh
NoSQLBooster 7.1 adds Int32(NumberInt), Long(NumberLong), Decimal128(NumberDecimal) data types to be compatible with mongosh.
Int32(1); //= NumberInt(100) in legacy mongoshell
More Fonts and Font Ligatures Support
In 7.1, we have four built-in editor fonts (Hack, Fira Code, JetBrain mono and Source Code Pro) to choose from. Fira Code and JetBrain Mono support font ligatures.
Use the editor's right-click menu to set the font, and you can also switch the editor font through the main menu.
To use it, Click Menu -> Options -> Editor Settings -> Font.
Left: ligatures as rendered in Fira Code. Right: same character sequences without ligatures.
You can directly connect and switch members of the replica set within the script editor. MongoDB Atlas clusters are configured with pre-defined replica set tags for different member types in the cluster. In 7.1, the tags for the member are displayed in the member set selector to make it easier to select a specific member by member type and region. Note: current user need to have permission to execute replSetGetStatus command.
Support MSSQL Classic Connection String
When importing data from a MSSQL database, two formats of connection string are supported. Both formats need to start with the string "mssql://"
- Classic Connection String
- Connection String URI
Log Windows - Filter Row and Sorting
NoSQLBooster's client-side user query log window is a very useful function for diagnosing query problems. In 7.1, we enhanced the UI function of the log window, adding sorting and filter row.
Tooltip - ShowDelay 1s
Displaying tooltips too frequently is really a bit annoying. In 7.1, we increased the display delay of tooltip and menubutton from 100ms to 1000ms, hoping to partially solve this issue.
Minor Improvements and Bugfix
- Fixed, Incorrect result value of NumberLong(-1)
- Fixed, an disable error that does not allow a count query is executed against a read-only connection with read preference type is "secondary".
- Fixed，a bug where the Mongo'Double' type was not retained during editing / saving when editing a document using Ctrl-E.
- Fixed, an "font not found" error when generating a PDF document in Schema explorer.
- Improved, allow to connect to MongoDB 6 RC.
- Improved, tweak the CSS style of the currently selected tab.
- Improved, the multi-level sub-field "a.b.c" in the SQL query do not need to be quoted. e.g. SELECT * FROM users JOIN receipts ON users.address._id = receipts.address.id . The field receipts.address.id no longer has to quoted with "receipts.address.id".
- Improved, support for SQL grouping of multiple fields. e.g. SELECT firstN(input=[playerId, score], n=3) as firstThreeScores FROM gamescores where gameId='G1' group by gameId as _id, firstThreeScores.
- Fixed, a bug where the json view displayed blank space when the result value of the script running was a boolean value.
- Fixed, an import error. When importing fields of type uuid, subtype may be mistakenly written to 00 instead of 04.
- Fixed, an activation error. Due to permission problems, the machine code may be empty.
- Fixed, a kerberos authentication error “AcquireCredentialsHandle: The token supplied to the function is invalid” in windows system.
- Fixed, the AppImage package does not work properly and causes a "software-induced connection abort" error on ubuntu 22 systems.
- Fixed, an export error that threw an "Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined" error when the query string includes the "$function" operator.
- Improved, display the length of the selected text in the bottom status bar.
- Fixed, the toString method of MinKey and MaxKey.
Please visit our feedback page or click the “Feedback” button in the app. Feel free to suggest improvements to our product or service. Users can discuss your suggestion and vote for and against it. We’ll look at it too.